The double MPP-MPA degree offers students a multi-disciplinary and applied public policy education that harnesses the best of two world-leading social science institutions. Upon successful completion of the two-year programme, students will receive two degrees: a Master's in Public Policy from Sciences Po and a Master's in Public Administration from LSE. The programme is an ideal choice for early-stage professionals who want to gain expertise in the management and evaluation of public policy in the European context whilst based at the heart of two historic European cities.
The first year at Sciences Po will provide students with core skills in economics and politics as well as the opportunity to tailor their learning and specialise in one of eleven policy streams. Students explore the challenges of policy-making in the contemporary age, with an emphasis on a hands-on approach. Students also have the possibility to apply to participate in different innovative programmes offered by the school, such as the SDG Certificate (in English),the Gender Equality and Public Policy Certificate (in French), and the Public Policy Incubator programme, where they will work alongside researchers and external partners to develop practical solutions to public policy challenges.
The second year at LSE’s School of Public Policy complements this learning by drawing on its institutional strengths in empirical methods, political science and economic analysis. The programme aims to equip students with a second area of specialisation – either complementary or distinct from – their choice during the first year. The programme further adds to students’ professional experience with a capstone project in which students work in teams with a partner organisation to solve a real-world policy problem.
As they advance in their career, graduates will benefit from the resources, opportunities and networks of both prestigious institutions and will be equipped with the professional and international experience to be able to thrive as professionals in international, private and public sectors.
- Study at two prestigious institutions in two cities – Year one at the School of Public Affairs at Sciences Po in Paris and Year two at the School of Public Policy at the London School of Economics and Political Science
- Choice of specialisms - a broad curriculum allows you to identify your key interests and strengths and choose a specialisation from a range of electives in both your first and second year of study.
- The ‘Public Policy Incubator’ (Year 1) – put your skills into practice and work in groups alongside researchers, representatives from public, private and civil society organisations to propose innovative, practicable solutions to an identified policy challenge.
- MPA Capstone (Year 2) - an opportunity to work on a real-world policy challenge as part of a six-month consultancy style project with an external client.
- A global outlook – be a part of the international communities at LSE and Columbia as well a network of prestigious policy schools around the world as part of the Global Public Policy Network (GPPN).
The admissions process for this programme is managed by Sciences Po. Find out more information about how to apply on the Sciences Po webpages or contact email@example.com.
To find out more about fees and funding for year one at Sciences Po visit: Tuition fees | Sciences Po Students
View recordings and register to attend our upcoming online information sessions
16 January 2023 - MPP/MPA Double Degree with Sciences Po information session