In the early stages of your career, it’s particularly important to equip yourself with as much professional experience as possible, and to gain broad knowledge of different sectors to help choose from amongst the paths ahead of you. We can help you with:
- A weekly careers newsletter with short and long-term job opportunities as well part-time opportunities that might fit alongside your studies
- Dedicated one-to-one appointments with the School of Public Policy Careers Consultant, Anne Clinton
- Mentoring sessions with SPP alumni, to understand how they established their policy careers
- Access to LSE CareerHub, with hundreds of vacancies across the world including internship opportunities
- Access to LSE’s specialist careers seminars, including sessions on CVs and cover letters, career management, networking, interviews and advice specific to particular employment sectors
- Access to LSE’s sector-specific recruitment and information fairs such as International Organisations Day, the European Internships Fair, Public Sector and Policy Fair, and more. Organisations such the United Nations and the World Bank are drawn to the excellent quantitative skills of our students
On the MPA, your career prospects are also significantly enhanced by the Capstone project in Year 2, working for an external client organisation on a real-life policy challenge. An internship in the summer between Year 1 and year 2 of the MPA is a popular option to gain professional experience.