We know how eager you are to select your courses, but you still have some time to make up your mind and can also attend a couple of lectures before finalising your choice.
You will be able to browse courses on LSE for You using the Graduate Course Choice option during Welcome Week. The browsing window opens on Monday 21 September at 10am.
You will be able to select courses from 2 pm on Thursday 24 September, and after you have registered online (note: not campus enrolled). You must finalise your choice by Monday 12 October at 5pm. It is not possible to change courses after this deadline. There is, as always, one exception: you can make changes to any Lent Term units during the course choice window between 18 and 29 January 2021.
Be aware that deadlines to select courses can be earlier for courses from other departments. Where regulations permit, you can take the equivalent of one unit from outside the Philosophy Department. Make sure you read through the course guide as taking outside options may require the approval from both your home and host department or background knowledge in certain areas.
Some Philosophy courses that have proven popular among students from other departments are access controlled, so that we can give priority to students registered with us. We would encourage you to select the Philosophy courses you are interested in during the first week. You can drop them during the second week if you decide not to take them. It may also be that you will only find out about places on your outside options during week 2 of course choice.
If you are interested in an outside option that runs in Lent Term and you may not know if you have a space on the course until January, you must select a back-up option during the main selection window in MT to ensure you are registered on the right amount of units. Please make sure that this is also a Lent Term course as you will not be able to drop any courses for which you have received teaching (even if you did not attend). If you get a space on your first option, you can drop the back-up unit.
You cannot take more units than those required for your degree, but you can audit as many courses as you would like.
And finally, please make sure you have selected two courses for your dissertation: PH499 and the relevant dissertation seminar (PH418 for Econ and Phil, PH421 for PPP, PH422 for PoSS and PH445 for PoS), which will not count towards the units you need to select.
- Browsing courses opens on Monday 21 September
- You can start selecting courses from 2pm on Thursday 24 September, if you have completed online registration.
- You must select all 4 units (or 5 for Econ and Philosophy students) by Monday 12 October at 5pm.
- If you are waiting for confirmation for an outside option that runs in Lent Term, you must select a back-up option that also runs in Lent Term (see point 3).
- You can make changes to Lent Term courses during the course choice window from 18 – 29 January.
- You can audit as many courses as you would like, but you can only enrol for the number of units required for your programme.
- You need to select two courses for your dissertation – PH499 and the relevant dissertation seminar.
Still confused? Get in touch!