LSE has already established an academic partnership with Fudan University Shanghai offering a double degree in MSc in Global Media and Communication.
- this link is between the LSE Language Centre and the Language Training Centre, International Cultural Exchange School, Fudan University providing Mandarin and English language programmes for students
- currently, we are able to send two groups of LSE students studying Mandarin to Fudan University
Fred Halliday language award
Students participating in on this programme can apply to the The Fred Halliday language award for a contribution towards their costs.
There are no level restrictions when applying. Fudan will assess your level on arrival and then allocate you to an appropriate group. Should LSE have a minimum of 12 students of the same level we will ask Fudan to follow the LSE syllabus for that group. Otherwise, you will be in a mixed group with students from other summer programmes taking place at Fudan.
Each course has 25 contact hours per week and additional social activities.
- 9, July - 31, August 2018 (8 weeks, 11,200 RMB)
- 9, July - 3, August 2018 (4 weeks, 5,600 RMB)
- 6, August - 31, August 2018 (4 weeks, 5,600 RMB)
If you intend to apply, please attend on of the information sessions which will be held on;
Friday, 1 December 2017 at 14:00-15:00 in CLM.G.04
Thursday, 11 January 2018 at 14:00-15:00 in NAB.1.09
You will be able to get to know about the application process and key dates. You will also be able to meet the students who went last year to share their experiences.
You can review the slides from the session here.
The closing date for applications is 21, January 2018.
You can also email the Course Co-ordinator, Dr Catherine Xiang firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.