LSE has already established an academic partnership with Fudan University Shanghai offering a double degree in MSc in Global Media and Communication.
- this link is between the LSE Language Centre and the Language Training Centre, International Cultural Exchange School, Fudan University providing Mandarin and English language programmes for students
Fred Halliday language award
Eligible students participating on this programme will benefit from The Fred Halliday language award with a contribution towards their costs.
There are no level restrictions when applying. Fudan will assess your level on arrival and then allocate you to an appropriate group. Should LSE have a minimum of 12 students of the same level we will ask Fudan to follow the LSE syllabus for that group. Otherwise, you will be in a mixed group with students from other summer programmes taking place at Fudan.
Each course has 25 contact hours per week and additional social activities.
Full details on the programme and application procedure can be found here.
- 6, July - 31, July 2020 (4 weeks, 5,600 RMB)
- 3, August - 28, August 2020 (4 weeks, 5,600 RMB)
- You can choose either the July or August option
- BSc International Relations and Chinese students will take both i.e. 6, July - 28, August 2020 (11,200 RMB)
- There is also an application fee of 400 RMB
If you want to find out more about the programme we have organised two information sessions.
- Wednesday, 4 December 2019 at 13:30 in room PAN.3.02 (Language Centre BSc students ONLY)
- Friday, 24 January 2020 at 13:00 in room FAW.3.04 (Open to all LSE students)
Please contact Fang PAN Co-ordinating Language Teacher (Mandarin) if you have any questions or wish to discuss an application.