More about the programme
A unique taster combination of LSE100 and a chance to develop your academic study skills at LSE Life.
The course will take place in LSE Life, sited in the LSE Library.
- academic lectures and classes
- additional language and learning skill sessions
- weekly themes are carefully selected to reflect the big issues of today’s world
- additional day trips and social activities will also be organised during the programme
- a real experience of LSE and London
- LSE100 course is LSE's flagship interdisciplinary course for undergraduate students
- designed to broaden and deepen students' engagement with social scientific analysis
- uses pressing social issues as case studies for exploration of the ways different theories, methods and evidence can shape our understanding of events and phenomena
- LSE Life is the School's new centre for academic, personal, and professional development
- on the ground floor of LSE Library, it is the busiest place at LSE, where all students meet and study
The language requirements for students taking this course are:
- IELTS 5.5. or higher (with a minimum of 5.5 in each skill)
- TOEFL 61
- CET 4 (College English Test)
- TEM 4 or 8 (Test for English Majors)
The course consists of 20 hours weekly contact time and is structured thematically.
- week one –‘Why is collective security so difficult to achieve?’
- week two – ‘Should markets be constrained or unleashed?’
- week three – ‘How should be deal with poverty and inequality?’
Indicative course content for 2017 programme [PDF]
We are proud to be part of an international community of students in the heart of London.
Summer English for Fudan Course Dates and Fees
Summer course for Tsinghua students
24 July - 11 August 2017
Please 'Enquire now' below. We will then confirm if you are eligible to apply and send you instructions on the next step.