Many students with unconditional offers have found the presessional course extremely helpful in preparing them for their studies at LSE.
A presessional course will;
- improve your academic written English
- acquaint you with the academic expectations that come with a course at LSE
- improve your research skills
- improve your confidence in giving presentations
- improve your confidence in speaking in seminars
You should also be aware that the marking criteria of the IELTS exam do not reflect well the characteristics of academic writing, as preferred by teachers.
An acceptable IELTS score is not therefore a guarantee of competency.
We would therefore encourage you to take the course you booked (or, if available, consider a shorter one) even if you have met the English language requirements of your offer.
Please also note from a visa perspective, if you were issued with a CAS solely for the purpose of attending LN904 or LN905 you will need to successfully complete this programme of study in order to be able to apply for a new Tier 4 visa whilst in the UK.