Creating a hyperlink to a document in public folders
To link to a document within a public folder, first save the document(s) into the relevant public folder and then follow these steps:
- In the web browser visit https://exchange.lse.ac.uk/public/
- Browse in the folders view until you reach the email containing the attachment
- Right-click over the attachment in the message (usually a Word icon) and select 'Copy shortcut' (in internet Explorer) or 'Copy Link Location' (in Netscape). This is the URL of the document
- Switch back to FrontPage and select the text that you want to become the hyperlink
- Hyperlink as normal by pasting the copied address into the URL box, having first deleted the 'http://' that is already in there
- Add the text: '[Restricted access]' next to the hyperlink, and link this text to http://www.lse.ac.uk/resources/help/ra.htm, to forewarn users that they will need to log on with their LSE username and password before they can access the document.
Remember that users need to have been granted access to the relevant public folder before they can access documents stored within.
^ Back to top