Are you considering doing a summer internship with a UK Charity or small to medium-sized company?
We are excited to announce the International Relations Internship Fund Scheme is now open for applications.
The Internship Fund Scheme is open to 1st and 2nd year undergraduates. The scheme invites eligible students who are interested in undertaking an internship, that would otherwise be unpaid, to apply for funding.
What is the Internship Fund Scheme?
The International Relations Internship Fund Scheme provides funding for a limited number of internships within a charity or small to medium sized enterprise* (SME) each year. This enables a number of students to receive funding for an internship that would be otherwise be unpaid and therefore might not be possible to do.
Am I eligible?
- Open to 1st and 2nd year International Relations undergraduate students only
- You don’t need to have an internship secured to apply
What does the scheme offer?
- A grant of £1477 (based on London living wage)
- Internships must be for 140 hours and take place between 19 June and 31 August 2020
- Funding is for internships with a registered UK Charity or SME based in the UK, that would otherwise be unpaid
How can I apply?
- Submit your application form on LSE CareerHub
- Apply by 11:59pm on 10 February 2020
Application forms will be assessed by LSE Careers and the department. You will then be notified as to whether your application has been successful or not.
You do not need to have an internship secured in order to apply for funding. If your initial application for funding is approved, you will then have several weeks to source an internship.
What happens if I am shortlisted to receive this grant?
- We aim to notify all successful applicants by Monday 17 February 2020
- You’ll have until 4 May 2020 to source and secure an internship and notify LSE Careers
- LSE will not provide a guaranteed internship as part of this scheme but you will be invited to attend a compulsory careers seminar, designed to provide more guidance on how to find an internship. You will also be invited to attend a one to one careers appointment with an LSE Careers Consultant
If you have any questions about the scheme please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and use the subject heading ‘Internship Fund Scheme’.
* EU definition of SME: The organisation has less than 250 employees and annual turnover does not exceed €50 million or annual balance sheet total does not exceed €43 million