Hosted by the Firoz Lalji Institute for Africa
China has become Africa’s largest investor, biggest trading partner, preeminent digital services provider and, increasingly, a soft power influencer. It is clear that China’s role in Africa’s future will be both complex and enduring.
The China-Africa Conference 2021 will address the deepening relationship between China and the African continent and mark the launch of the China-Africa Initiative at the FLIA.
- Jingdong Hua, Vice President and Treasurer, World Bank
- Leslie Maasdorp, CFO, the New Development Bank
- Dr Nkosana Moyo, Former Vice President and Chief Operating Officer of the African Development Bank (AfDB)
- Professor Kevin Urama, Senior Director, African Development Institute, African Development Bank Group
- Ambassador Alan Wm. Wolff, Former Co-Director General, the WTO; Distinguished Senior Fellow, PIIE
Date: 28 September 2021
Watch conference sessions on YouTube.
View the conference agenda.