LSE is one of the ten leading European higher education institutions that form CIVICA. Specialising in the social sciences, humanities, business management and public policy, we have a total of 72,000 students and 13,000 faculty members.
Visit the CIVICA website for further information about the alliance, news and events, and opportunities for students and researchers.
CIVICA at LSE is run by the Global Academic Engagement Team. Use email@example.com as a first point of contact to find out more. Many more LSE staff and students are involved in bringing CIVICA to life for our community, including two student ambassadors.
Together, CIVICA members build on an ever-stronger combination of teaching, research and innovation to mobilise and share knowledge as a public good and to facilitate civic responsibility in Europe and beyond.
Our activities are focused on four key topics:
- Societies in Transition and Crises of Earth
- Challenges to Democracy in the 21st Century
- Europe Revisited
- Data Driven Technologies for the Social Science.
CIVICA was selected in 2019 by the European Commission as one of the pilot European Universities, funded under the Erasmus+ program. LSE became full members of CIVICA in June 2020. In March 2022, a new strategic plan and new members were announced, followed in July 2022 with a greenlight from the European Commission for further expansion. Phase II of CIVICA began in November 2022.
The ten members of CIVICA are:
- Bocconi University, Italy
- Central European University, Austria
- European University Institute, Intergovernmental
- Hertie School, Germany
- IE University, Spain
- National University of Political Studies and Public Administration, Romania
- Sciences Po, France
- SGH Warsaw School of Economics, Poland
- Stockholm School of Economics, Sweden
- The London School of Economics and Political Science, UK.
Find out more about CIVICA's purpose and members.
Contact the LSE's CIVICA team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find out more at CIVICA.