• Making Peace, Making Riots: Communalism and Communal Violence, Bengal 1940-47 (Cambridge University Press, New Delhi, 2018)
• ‘Anatomy of a Riot: The Great Calcutta Killing, August 1946’, Bengal Past and Present (Journal of the Calcutta Historical Society), Volume 128, Year 2009 (Published in 2011)
• ‘The Second World War and the Prospect of Quit India in Bengal: Perceptions, Rumours and Revolutionary Parties’, South Asia: Journal of South Asian Studies (forthcoming, April 2021, Issue 44/2).
• ‘Calcutta and its Struggle for Peace: Anti-Communal Resistance, 1946-47’ in Tanika Sarkar and Sekhar Bandyopadhyay (eds.) Calcutta, The Stormy Decades (Social Science Press, New Delhi, 2015)
• ‘A Test of Faith? The Mahatma and his Tryst With Bengal, 1946-47’, in David Hardiman (ed.) Non Violence in Modern Indian History (Orient Black Swan, New Delhi, 2017)