Each year, before the start of the first term, we invite Friends and Family members to a special Parent Orientation Day. The event provides parents and guardians with the opportunity to receive a tour of the campus, to meet key members of staff from the School and to meet other parents whose sons or daughters are also starting at LSE.
Parent Orientation Day 2014 took place on 26 September. Registered parent/guardian members who could not attend will be sent the Friends & Family handbook.
A podcast of the parents' information session can be found below, with presentations from:
- Professor Paul Kelly, Pro-Director for Teaching and Learning
- Hannah Bannister, Head of Student Services Centre
- Glenn Ruane, Head of Fees and Credit Control
- Debra Ogden & Richard Perkins – Wardens at LSE Halls of Residence
- Jenny Blakesley, Director of LSE Careers
- Nona Buckley-Irvine, LSE Students' Union General-Secretary
Slides from the parents’ information session are available here – with information about the state of the school, LSE Residential Life, Student Advice, Fees, Careers and the Students’ Union.