Visa requirements

International participants on the LSE-PKU Summer School will need to apply for an official study visa for China (the X2 visa). Peking University will provide participants (both students and professional attendees) with a JW202 form and admission letter after students have accepted their offers and paid their tuition fees. 

Students will then need to take these documents to their local Chinese embassy or consulate to apply for their visa. While applying for a visa is normally a very straight forward process, participants are advised to check visa application procedures with the Chinese embassy or consulate in their country of residence as early as possible.

Please note: Participants should also inform the LSE-PKU Summer School if they plan to attend one of the PKU Mandarin Language courses before the beginning of the LSE-PKU Summer School, so that the correct dates are listed on the visa support letter from Peking University.

If you have any queries about your visa, please contact us.