Who needs a visa?

EEA Nationals

If you have EU nationality or you are from Iceland, Liechtenstein Norway or Switzerland, you do not need immigration permission to come to the UK. You can enter, study and work in the UK without restriction. If you have dual nationality, and you choose to come to the UK using your EEA or Swiss passport, you do not need immigration permission. 
If you receive a CAS from LSE admissions and you don't need it because you have EEA nationality, please reply to the e-mail address where you received the CAS from to inform us.

For useful guidance on EEA nationals in the UK, go to the UKCISA website|.

Students from outside the EEA

All non-EEA nationals who want to study in the UK must hold immigration permission that allows you to study in the UK.

If you are coming to LSE to study on a full time degree programme and you have no other immigration permission for the UK, you will need to apply for a Tier 4 Student visa. You can only apply for Tier 4 when your offer at LSE is unconditional.  If you already hold a Tier 4 visa for a different institution, you will probably  have to apply for a Tier 4 visa for LSE before you can start studying with us.

If you are coming to the UK for less than six months, you can study at LSE with a Student Visitor visa.

If you are already in the UK with work permission you may be able to use this to study at LSE.

Return to the main menu to select the guidance  you need for your LSE programme.

Visa information for prospective students|