- You are typically eligible for free treatment on the NHS if you fall into one of the following categories:
- You are a UK resident
- You have a Tier 4 visa and have paid the immigration health surcharge
- You applied for your current visa before the immigration health surcharge was introduced in April 2015
- You are an EU/EEA student with a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC)
- For further information about access to healthcare for international students, please visit the UK Council for International Student Affairs (UKCISA) website or contact the LSE International Student Visa Advice Team (ISVAT).
- You can also visit our healthcare page for further guidance on services available
You may decide to take out private health insurance during your stay in the UK. There are many companies who provide a range of private services. LSE is unable to make recommendations about the best private health insurance provider for your needs.