Financial understanding and skills are vital tools for managers and business leaders at all levels of an organisation. They allow you to make better decisions: to analyse and optimise the financial health of an organisation, allocate resources effectively, identify investment and business opportunities, and understand the impact decisions will have on your bottom line.
The London School of Economics and Political Science Finance Department sits at the heart of a world-leading social science institution, giving its courses real world context in the social, economic and political environments in which organisations operate across the globe.
Designed by one of LSE’s leading lecturers, this online certificate course will demystify finance and give you the financial toolkit to make better decisions and to become an even greater asset to your organisation. It will also allow you to communicate more effectively and confidently about financial issues, whether it is with the finance department in your own business or with outside investors.
Studying online and in your own time, fully supported, you’ll be able to implement these tools and learnings in your organisation immediately.
Course starts: 7 March 2018
Registrations close: 27 February 2018
Duration: 6 weeks (excluding orientation)
Commitment: 8 - 12 hours per week
- Make more informed managerial and investment decisions
- Develop a deeper understanding of financial reports and the ability to make more informed and powerful contributions to organisational discussions
- Critically evaluate investment projects and opportunities
- Speak the international language of business: finance
- Forecast and budget accurately to increase organisational performance
- Earn a certificate from LSE
- Orientation Module
- Module 1: Financial analysis
- Module 2: Financial forecasting
- Module 3: Discounted cash flow analysis
- Module 4: Optimal investing
- Module 5: Funding strategies
- Module 6: Valuing entire companies
There are no formal prerequisites for this Managerial Finance online certificate course, however business acumen and numerical proficiency are highly recommended. Microsoft Excel is also required.
This course is presented entirely online, in collaboration with leaders in online education, GetSmarter.
Modules are released on a weekly basis, and can be completed in your own time and at your own pace.
This interactive, supportive teaching model is designed for busy professionals and results in unprecedented certification rates for online courses.
All reading materials for this course will be made accessible to you through the Online Campus. Notes for each module are often downloadable, and you are able to save any information or collateral you use to your personal profile.