Thank you for your interest in the MPA programme.
Applications for entry in 2020/21 are now open! Apply here.
1) Read LSE’s guidance on how to apply for helpful information about the application process and the required supporting documents.
2) Apply for the MPA by using the online application system. You must also submit your supporting documents via the online application system.
The application code for MPA is L2UN.
3) After you have applied, you can track your application online. The tracker allows you to view up-to-the-minute information regarding the status of your application. Graduate Admissions will notify you by email when they process a document or request or if a decision is made on your application.
Applications to the MPA can only be submitted online.
The minimum entry requirements for the MPA programme are:
- 2:1 degree or equivalent in any discipline*
- Applicants are normally required to have a minimum of one year’s relevant professional work experience at the point of entry to the programme. However, applicants with an exceptional and outstanding academic background may use this to compensate for a less than one year’s work experience.
- English to LSE’s ‘higher level’ requirement**
- Two references***
- Personal statement
- Résumé or CV
* Proven academic ability and strong academic grades are essential. Economics and/or quantitative course work is particularly helpful but there is no specific subject requirement for the first degree. Details of the equivalent grades required for first degrees studied outside the UK are available from the information for international students pages.
** If you are not a national of Canada (whose first language is English) or one of the UKVI list of majority English-speaking countries you may be required to undertake an English language test. Please click here for more information.
*** This programme requires two academic references (from tutors who have taught you at university). For further information about reference requirement please click here.
Up to date information on tuition fees and fee status can be found here.
Please visit the MPA applicants FAQs to learn more about funding.
The programme runs for 21 months full time.
The start date for September 2019 will be confirmed in due course.
Please be aware that whilst there is no official closing date for the MPA programme, we can only make a limited number of offers. We therefore advise potential applicants to apply as early as possible as competition for the course is intense.
Please check the list of available programmes before applying.
Answers to questions about the admissions process can be found in the Graduate Admissions FAQs.
If you have any questions about the programme, please get in touch by emailing email@example.com.
If you still find you have more questions about the application process and how to apply, please find details of how to contact Graduate Admissions here.