ST211 Half Unit
This information is for the 2016/17 session.
Dr Miltiadis Mavrakakis-Vassilakis
This course is compulsory on the BSc in Business Mathematics and Statistics. This course is available as an outside option to students on other programmes where regulations permit. This course is not available to General Course students.
Specifically the course is available to Accounting and Finance students who have taken ST102.
Tabulation, Graphical representation, Regression, Detection of outliers, Model diagnostics, Analysis of Variance.
10 hours of lectures and 20 hours of lectures in the LT. 2 hours of lectures in the ST.
Students will be given their assessed project to start on in week 6 which is due in at the beginning of ST.
Weekly moodle quizzes. Weekly take home exercises
1. P. Newbold, W.L. Carlson and B. Thorne. Statistics for Business and Economics, Prentice-Hall, Fifth Edition. (2003)
2. Neter, J., Kutner, M. , Nachtsheim, C. and Wasserman, W. Applied Linear Statistical Models, McGraw-Hill, Fourth Edition. (2004) .
3. Abraham, B. Ledolter, J. Introduction to Regression Modelling, Thomson Brooks Cole. (2006) .
4. S. Weisberg Applied Linear Regression, Wiley, 3rd edition. (2005)(intermediate).
Exam (50%, duration: 2 hours) in the main exam period.
Project (50%) in the ST.
Student performance results
(2013/14 - 2015/16 combined)
|Classification||% of students|
Total students 2015/16: 28
Average class size 2015/16: Unavailable
Capped 2015/16: Yes (30)
Lecture capture used 2015/16: Yes (LT)
Value: Half Unit
- Problem solving
- Application of information skills
- Specialist skills