ST211 Half Unit
This information is for the 2013/14 session.
Dr Sara Geneletti Inchauste COL.7.04
This course is compulsory on the BSc in Business Mathematics and Statistics. This course is available on the BSc in Actuarial Science and BSc in Statistics with Finance. This course is available as an outside option to students on other programmes where regulations permit and to General Course students.
Tabulation, Graphical representation, Regression, Detection of outliers, Model diagnostics, Analysis of Variance.
10 hours of lectures and 20 hours of lectures in the LT.
Weekly moodle quizzes.
1. P. Newbold, W.L. Carlson and B. Thorne. Statistics for Business and Economics, Prentice-Hall, Fifth Edition. (2003)
2. Neter, J., Kutner, M. , Nachtsheim, C. and Wasserman, W. Applied Linear Statistical Models, McGraw-Hill, Fourth Edition. (2004) .
3. Abraham, B. Ledolter, J. Introduction to Regression Modelling, Thomson Brooks Cole. (2006) .
4. S. Weisberg Applied Linear Regression, Wiley, 3rd edition. (2005)(intermediate).
Exam (50%, duration: 2 hours) in the main exam period.
Project (50%) in the ST.
Total students 2012/13: 26
Average class size 2012/13: Unavailable
Value: Half Unit
- Problem solving
- Application of information skills
- Specialist skills