Spanish: Level Two (Standard)
This information is for the 2017/18 session.
Mr Esteban Lozano TW3 6.01
This is an elementary level course. Students should have previously learnt ...see description of "Communicative content" and "Structural Content" of Level 1 Standard (LN778). Students should: Demonstrate commitment to regular attendance, completion of homework, completion of dossier of evidence and all assessments. Dedicate at least one hour per week for coursework in addition to classes. Admission onto the course upon completion of online level test and tutor's approval. Student profile: Students who can handle a range of basic activities relating to work, study or time spent in the country. This course may be suitable for re-starters.
- To use Spanish effectively for purposes of practical communication and reading comprehension in familiar work and social contexts.
- To establish the skills, language and attitudes required to promote and facilitate further study of Spanish.
- To bring the students to level A2 of CEFR.
- Talking about present events and experiences.
- Talking about past events and experiences.
- Describing feelings, people and objects in the past.
- Talking about habitual actions in the past. Making comparisons.
- Talking about future plans.
- Asking for and giving advice.
Structural content: Contrast between Ser and Estar. Some cases. Presente de Indicativo. Introduction to past tenses (pretérito indefinido, perfecto e imperfecto) Time expressions. Use of some prepositions. Indefinite adjectives and pronouns. Introduction to future tenses. Introduction to the imperative. Pronouns: Objeto directo e indirecto. Comparative clauses
16 hours of classes in the MT. 22 hours of classes in the LT. 2 hours of classes in the ST.
This is a 40 hour-course. Please refer to the LSE timetable for course teaching arrangements.
Study Pack. The course teacher will advise on the relevant grammar book at the beginning of the course.
Continuous assessment (70%) in the MT and LT.
Oral examination (30%) in the LT and ST.
Department: Language Studies
Total students 2016/17: 22
Average class size 2016/17: 11