French: Level One (Standard)
This information is for the 2016/17 session.
Mr Francois Simon TW3.6.01K and Mr Jean Souvignet TW3.6.01K
No previous knowledge required. All students welcome but they should :
- Demonstrate commitment to regular attendance, completion of homework, completion of the dossier and all assessments.
- Dedicate at least one hour per week for coursework in addition to classes.
Admission into the course upon tutor’s approval during the information sessions.Students do not need to be experienced language learners to take this standard course.
- To develop the ability to use French effectively for purposes of practical communication and reading comprehension.
- To establish the skills, language and attitudes required to promote and facilitate further study of French.
- To bring students to level A1 of CEFR.
- Greet people.
- Introduce yourself and others.
- Giving and receiving information.
- Taste, likes and dislikes.
- Ask, give directions.
- Describe a place.
- Talk about your daily routine.
- Time, date.
- Ask for price, purchasing, ordering goods.
- To be and to have.
- Definite, indefinite articles.
- First, second conjugation verbs + some common irregular verbs.
- Possessives adjectives.
- Negative forms.
- Prepositions. Numbers.
- Forming questions.
16 hours of classes in the MT. 22 hours of classes in the LT. 2 hours of classes in the ST.
This is a 40 hour-course. Please refer to the LSE timetable for course teaching arrangements.
The students will be required to complete weekly language exercises.
- Totem 1 - méthode de français A1 - Marie-José Lopes - Jean-Thierry Le Bourgnac - HACHETTE
- A study pack, provided by LSE.
- A dictionary as recommended by your teacher.
Continuous assessment (50%) in the MT, LT and ST.
Oral examination (30%) and in class assessment (20%) in the LT.
Department: Language Studies
Total students 2015/16: 76
Average class size 2015/16: 13
Personal development skills
- Team working
- Problem solving
- Application of information skills