Spanish: Level Five (Culture and Society)
This information is for the 2013/14 session.
Mr Rafael Penas Cruz CMK.C806
Student should have previously learnt and be confident using ...see description of "Communicative content" of Level 5 Standard (LN790) and "Structural Content" of (LN805). A very high level of oral fluency expected from students. Admission into the course upon completion of online level test and tutor's approval during the needs analysis session. Student profile: Students should be motivated to study and research independently.
This is a mastery course with a focus on Spanish Culture and Society.
- To attain competence in a broad range of complex and non-routine tasks in a variety of contexts.
- To extend the ability to use Spanish effectively for purposes of general communication in a great variety of academic, social and work-related contexts.
- To develop a high degree of linguistic independence and flexibility in Spanish.
- To understand and analyse complex literary texts.
- To bring the students to level C2 of CEFR.
Communicative content: Advanced Spanish language study with reference to Spanish speaking societies, history and culture. The course provides learning contexts and language tasks relevant to demands that may be made on the student’s ability to speak, understand and write in Spanish during their academic and/or working life at a mastery level. Structural content: Contextualised revision of structural content of LN803
6 hours of classes in the MT. 10 hours of classes in the LT. 4 hours of classes in the ST.
This is a 40 hour-course. Please refer to the LSE timetable for course teaching arrangements.
Use of a selection of original written work from key authors, films, video footage and resources available on the World Wide Web.
Continuous assessment (50%) in the MT, LT and ST.
Oral examination (30%) in the LT and ST.
In class assessment (20%) in the LT.
Department: Language Studies
Total students 2012/13: 5
Average class size 2012/13: 5