Spanish: Level Four (Standard)
This information is for the 2013/14 session.
Ms Roser Martinez-Sanchez CMK.C804
This is a higher intermediate course. Students should have previously learnt ... see the description of "Communicative content" and "Structural Content" of Level 3 Fast Track (LN783). Admission into the course upon completion of level test and tutor' s approval during the needs analysis session. Student profile: For students who are already able to explain points of view on topical familiar issues giving the advantages and disadvantages of various options.
- To develop the ability to use Spanish effectively for purposes of practical communication and reading comprehension dealing with complex work tasks.
- To establish the skills, language and attitudes required to promote and facilitate further study of Spanish.
- To bring the students to level B2 of CEFR.
- Expressing emotions and feelings.
- Expressing desires and preference.
- Expressing suggestions, advice and opinions.
- Organising a complex oral speech.
- Organising a complex written discourse.
- Talking about :Politics in Spain and Latin America, Indigenous communities, Human rights issues, gender issues, Censorship and media, Art, green issues, etc.
- Revision of present tenses.
- Revision of past tenses.
- Contrast between Ser and Estar.
- Impersonal clauses.
- Causal, consecutive and final clauses.
- Subjunctive tenses and their use.
- Conditional clauses. Links.
- Reported speech.
- Relative clauses.
- Use of prepositions “por” and “para”.
- Forming words.
- Idiomatic expressions.
- Perífrasis verbales.
12 hours of classes in the MT. 20 hours of classes in the LT. 8 hours of classes in the ST.
This is a 40 hour-course. Please refer to the LSE timetable for course teaching arrangements.
Study Pack. The course teacher will advise on the relevant grammar book at the beginning of the course.
Continuous assessment (50%) in the MT, LT and ST.
Oral examination (30%) in the LT and ST.
In class assessment (20%) in the LT.
Department: Language Studies
Total students 2012/13: 23
Average class size 2012/13: 10