French: Level One (Fast Track)
This information is for the 2013/14 session.
Mr Francois Simon CMK.C802, Mr Halim Benzine CMK.C804 and Mr Jerome Bertherat CMK.C804
No previous knowledge required. It may be suitable for re-starters. Demonstrate full commitment to regular attendance, completion of homework, completion of dossier and all assessment.edicate at least two hours per week for coursework, in addition to classes. Admission into the course upon tutor’s approval during the information sessions. Students should be able to demonstrate a successful track record of learning languages.
- To develop the ability to use French effectively for purposes of practical communication and reading comprehension.
- To establish the skills, language and attitudes required to promote and facilitate further study of French.
- To bring students to level A1-A2 of CEFR.
- Greet people.
- Introduce yourself and others.
- Giving and receiving information.
- Taste, likes and dislikes.
- Ask, give directions.
- Describe a place.
- Talk about your daily routine.
- Time, date.
- Ask a price, purchasing, ordering goods.
- To be and to have.
- Definite, indefinite articles.
- First, second conjugation verbs + some common irregular verbs.
- Possessives adjectives. Negative forms.
- Forming questions.
12 hours of classes in the MT. 20 hours of classes in the LT. 8 hours of classes in the ST.
This is a 40 hour-course. Please refer to the LSE timetable for course teaching arrangements.
The students will be required to complete weekly language exercises.
Yves Loiseau, R Mérieux Latitudes 1, Didier. Livre de l’élève + CD audio (2) (ISBN 9782278062492). Cahier d’exercices + CD audio (ISBN 9782278062638). A study pack, provided by LSE. A dictionary as recommended by your teacher.
Continuous assessment (50%) in the MT, LT and ST.
Oral examination (30%) in the LT and ST.
In class assessment (20%) in the LT.
Department: Language Studies
Total students 2012/13: 75
Average class size 2012/13: 13
Personal development skills
- Team working
- Problem solving
- Application of information skills