Three activities have taken up most of my time since I finished the MSc program in Philosophy and Public Policy: working as a journalist, doing research for the Icelandic Parliament’s Special Investigation Commission, and preparing PhD applications. The MSc degree has, I believe, helped me with all these activities. Firstly, the degree gave me a valuable opportunity to develop analytical skills that have helped me in my work as a journalist. Although I had been writing news and analysis for two years before I entered the program, I feel that I am both more competent and confident in my work after I did the degree. Secondly, I don’t think I would have been offered the job at the Investigation Commission – where I work with a group that investigates moral matters related to the collapse of the Icelandic banking sector – if I didn’t have a master’s degree in applied moral philosophy from LSE. Finally, the MSc degree has helped me in the PhD application process, by focusing my philosophical interests and making me able to produce better writing samples and research proposals than I would have been able to write before I entered the program.