Mårten Lewander writes, ‘I attended the MSc in Economics and Philosophy during 08/09. My goal when applying to LSE was to give myself a chance to really indulge in the philosophical issues surrounding economics, such as those relating to normative theories of distribution. I also wanted to sharpen my previous knowledge of economics without necessarily having to go the full distance of a Ph.D. programme. For this purpose, the MSc in Economics and Philosophy was perfect and I am happy to say that I reached my goals. Coming from a career as a strategy consultant, the step into the classrooms of LSE to study theoretical economics and philosophy was quite a contrast. My lasting memory from LSE as a school will be the strong dedication and commitment of the teachers and the constant stream of high-calibre academic events such as guest lectures, conferences and debates open to students. But most of all I will remember the wonderful friends I made among all my smart, witty and interested fellow students. Now, back in the business community from where I came, I sometimes find myself viewing a real life decision problem in the structure of an impossibility theorem and I can’t help longing to be back where people would understand if I said it out loud.’