I completed the MSc in Philosophy and Public Policy in September 2009 after two years of part-time enrollment. I was working full-time in addition to the program, and although it was demanding, the professors and the department were extremely flexible with me. Even though the hours were pretty consistent from one semester to another, the program started enveloping more and more of my intellectual energy and the idle time of my subconscious. The content was so interesting and challenging that class soon became the time I looked forward to most. In fact, it spurred me to switch careers, from brand strategy consulting to the realm of public policy. Between the intellectual climate of the LSE, the rigour of the program, the inspiration of the professors, and the co-stimulation of the other students, my MSc proved to be one of the foundational experiences in my life. Anyone who is looking for an area of study that will teach them critical thinking, a platform to debate the issues of our day, from climate change to new ways to organize our political economy, and the tools for an expansive lens without the institutionalization that can occur with overly structured programs like MPA’s and MBA’s should consider the philosophy department at LSE.