Strike action has recently been called by two of our trade unions, UNISON and AUT for Tuesday 30 September and Friday 3 October 2003.
As a result, we are obliged to make some changes to Student Registration/Induction programmes for 2003-04 and to Library and IT provisions on these days. (Please note: these changes have been arranged with the full support of the Students' Union)
(please see www.lse.ac.uk/StudentServicesCentre for full details)
1. All Undergraduate registration will continue as originally scheduled throughout the week in the Hong Kong Theatre.
2. On the two strike days, Graduate registration will be cancelled:
Graduate registration planned for Tues 30 Sept is rescheduled for the same times on Mon 6 Oct in the Hong Kong Theatre.
Graduate registration planned for Fri 3 Oct will now take place for the same times on Tues 7 Oct in the Hong Kong Theatre.
(Please note: Where this revised schedule conflicts with graduate teaching, students should attend class and register at another time on the same day)
3. On the non-strike days (Mon 29 Sept, Wed 1 Oct and Thurs 2 Oct ), Graduate registration will continue as originally scheduled in the Peacock Theatre.
4. Any student (undergraduate or postgraduate) who is unable to make her/his assigned slot as per this revised schedule should register in the Student Services Centre Atrium (ground floor - Old Building) on Wednesday 8 October
(please see www.lse.ac.uk/newarrivals for full details)
5. The School Induction sessions for new students will continue as scheduled on Wed 1 October in the Peacock Theatre
6. The Support Services Induction sessions will continue as scheduled on 29-30 Sept and 2-3 October.
7. Any changes to Departmental Induction sessions will be shown on both the Departmental and the new arrivals websites.
LIBRARY and IT SERVICES
8. On both strike days, Tues 30 Sept and Fri 3 Oct, the Library will be open for reference use only from 9am to 8pm.
9. New students who have not yet registered (ie without an LSE ID card) will be admitted to the Library on production of their offer letter.
10. Students can activate their IT account using any public computer at LSE, including Library, St Clement's building, C120 and A038. IT Help Desks in the Library and St Clement's will be open on strike days and IT account activation instructions are also available from the student services centre.
We greatly regret the necessity for these changes and hope that they will not prove to be too disruptive. We also ask you to continue to check the School website for further details of these or any further late changes.
Head of Student Administration