Applications for the 2014-2015 PhD Award are now open
Before filling out the application, please read through the award guidelines:
1. The Emirates Award is open to students who have been upgraded to doctoral candidacy at LSE for studies on the Middle East (Arab League member states and Turkey, Iran and Israel), in any discipline. Awards are made based on three considerations: need, merit and likelihood of completion by 31 July 2015. They will cover the period of 1 August 2014 to 31 July 2015.
2. To be eligible for an award, students must expect to complete their PhD by the end of July 2015.
3. Eligible expenses under the scholarship are maintenance, travel, books, materials, equipment, insurance and other legitimate research expenses. The maximum amount awarded is £6,000.
4. The programme is open to students of all nationalities, however, at least one award will be made to nationals of Arab League member states.
5. All applications will be considered by the Middle East Centre Selection Committee.
6. Applications must be completed in full. Incomplete and late applications will not be considered.
7. Please apply using the online application form.
7. In addition, supervisors must provide a reference in support of their supervisee’s application. Supervisors must also confirm the expected date of PhD completion. Supervisors should send their reference to Ribale Sleiman Haidar at firstname.lastname@example.org. For further questions, Ribale can be reached at 020 7955 6250. If your supervisor is unable to provide a reference in time, your application cannot be considered.
8. Completed applications must be returned to the Middle East Centre by 20 June 2014.
9. Applicants will hear the outcome of their application in August 2014.
10. Successful applicants will be required to submit progress reports and to contribute a summary of research findings for the Middle East Centre website.