1. Proposals will be circulated to the Department's academic staff and are considered four times each year, the deadline dates are shown below. You should receive a final response within eight weeks of each of these dates:
2. As a Visiting Fellow you will be matched with one of our academic staff who can mentor you during your stay here. There is a limit to the number of visitors we can accommodate each year and we can only confer the title of Visiting Fellow if we have academic staff who are both researching in your area and available to mentor during the dates of your proposed visit.
3. Please refer to the LSE term dates and note that most scheduled teaching takes place in Michaelmas and Lent Term, and that most public events take place in the Michaelmas, Lent and Summer Terms.
4. While we are not able to provide you with an office, Visiting Fellows are welcome to use our part-time teachers' room, which has a computer and printer. You would have access to the LSE Library, with full borrowing rights and access to the computers and printers in the Library and elsewhere around the School.
5. LSE has limited residential accommodation which may be available to Visiting Fellows, further information is available from the LSE Accommodation Office. You may also like to refer to Gumtree or Sabbatical Homes, but please note that this is only a suggestion and not an endorsement of those sites.
6. Visiting Fellows from many countries outside the EU who receive financial support of any kind from a formal source of funding such as government, university, research council, charitable organisation etc., to carry out research, will be required to have a Sponsored Research Work Permit to work at the School. You must ensure that you obtain the correct work permit or visa before you commence your visit.
7. Conditions of acceptance are that you will:
(a) submit a working paper (6,000-10,000 words) to the Department's Electronic Working Paper Series, to be published subject to acceptance, before the completion of your visit or within one month of your departure, and;
(b) be available to deliver a research seminar to our staff and PhD students (subject to term dates and other factors) if requested.
8. If you are interested in applying, please complete all sections of the online visiting fellow appointment form.