We work to ensure coverage in non-academic outlets – such as trade papers and magazines and through websites, media releases, presentations – so that we communicate to as wide an audience as possible, particularly in terms of reaching research users and participants. Our work is often cited in important government and other policy documents.
LSE Health publishes the policy bulletin Eurohealth, which is disseminated to more than 20,000 academics and policy-makers.
LSE Health produces regular outputs providing information on our activities. LSE Health also publishes a successful Working Paper Series in Health Policy and Economics.
Below is a sample of recent publications by LSEHSC staff in the field of Health Policy.
- Health policy in times of austerity — a conceptual framework for evaluating effects of policy on efficiency and equity illustrated with examples from Europe since 2008
Wenzl, Martin and Naci, Huseyin and Mossialos, Elias (2017)
- A wide-angle international review of evidence and developments in mental health policy and practice. Evidence review to inform the parameters for a refresh of A Vision for Change (AVFC).
Cullen, Kevin and McDaid, David and Wynne, Richard and Matosevic, Tihana and Park, A-La (2017)
- Health system efficiency: how to make measurement matter for policy and management
Cylus, Jonathan and Papanicolas, Irene and Smith, Peter C., eds. (2016)
- La salud pública y las políticas de salud: del conocimiento a la práctica. Informe SESPAS 2016 = Public health and health policy: from knowledge to practice. SESPAS Report 2016
Hernández-Quevedo, Cristina and Peiró, Rosana and Villalbí, Joan R. (2016)
- Building the capacity of policy-makers and planners to strengthen mental health systems in low- and middle-income countries: a systematic review
Keynejad, Roxanne and Semrau, Maya and Toynbee, Mark and Evans-Lacko, Sara and Lund, Crick and Gureje, Oye and Ndyanabangi, Sheila and Courtin, Emilie and Abdulmalik, Jibril O. and Alem, Atalay and Fekadu, Abebaw and Thornicroft, Graham and Hanlon, Charlotte (2016)
View full list
Below is a sample of recent publications by LSEHSC staff in the field of Health Economics.
- Socio-economic variations in the mental health treatment gap for people with anxiety, mood, and substance use disorders: results from the WHO World Mental Health (WMH) surveys
Evans-Lacko, S. and Aguilar-Gaxiola, S. and Al-Hamzawi, A. and Alonso, J. and Benjet, C. and Bruffaerts, R. and Chiu, W. T. and Florescu, S. and de Girolamo, G. and Gureje, O. and Haro, J. M. and He, Y. and Hu, C. and Karam, E. G. and Kawakami, N. and Lee, S. and Lund, C. and Kovess-Masfety, V. and Levinson, D. and Navarro-Mateu, F. and Pennell, B. E. and Sampson, N. A. and Scott, K. M. and Tachimori, H. and ten Have, M. and Viana, M. C. and Williams, D. R. and Wojtyniak, B. J. and Zarkov, Z. and Kessler, R. C. and Chatterji, S. and Thornicroft, G. (2017)
- Crowdfunding our health: economic risks and benefits
Renwick, Matthew J. and Mossialos, Elias (2017)
- Priorities for health economic methodological research: results of an expert consultation
Tordrup, David and Chouaid, Christos and Cuijpers, Pim and Dab, William and van Dongen, Johanna Maria and Espin, Jaime and Jönsson, Bengt and Leonard, Christian and McDaid, David and McKee, Martin and Pereira Miguel, Jose and Patel, Anita and Reginester, Jean-Yves and Ricciardi, Walter and van-Rutten Molken, Maureen and Rupel, Valentina and Sach, Tracey and Sassi, Franco and Waugh, Norman and Bertollini, Roberto (2017)
- Financing mental health in low and middle-income countries: making an economic case to support investment
McDaid, David (2017)
- Making an economic case for investment in art for promoting better health and wellbeing
McDaid, David and Park, A-La (2017)
View full list
Below is a sample of recent publications by LSEHSC staff in the field of Pharmaceuticals.
- Controlling expenditure within the Spanish pharmaceutical market: Macro- and micro-level policy approaches
Kanavos, Panos and Mills, Mack (2017)
- Korean pharmaceutical industry policy: lessons for Korea
Kim, Daejung and McGuire, Alistair and Kyle, Margaret (2015)
- Pharmaceutical regulation in 15 European countries: review
Panteli, Dimitra and Arickx, Francis and Cleemput, Irina and Dedet, Guillaume and Eckhardt, Helene and Fogarty, Emer and Gerkens, Sophie and Henschke, Cornelia and Hislop, Jennifer and Jommi, Claudio and Kaitelidou, Daphne and Kawalec, Pawel and Keskimäki, Ilmo and Kroneman, Madelon and Lopez Bastida, Julio and Pita Barros, Pedro and Ramsberg, Joakim and Schneider, Peter and Spillane, Susan and Vogler, Sabine and Vuorenkoski, Lauri and Wallach Kildemoes, Helle and Wouters, Olivier J. and Busse, Reinhard (2016)
- Pharmaceutical policies in Cyprus: a review of the current system and future options
Kanavos, Panos and Wouters, Olivier J. (2014)
- Large scale mergers and acquisitions in the pharmaceutical industry: 1 + 1 = 1?
Angelis, Aris and Kanavos, Panos (2015)
View full list