From 24 April 2018 until 3 June 2018 only academic staff, researchers (eg PhD) and LSE alumni will be able to gain access to LSE Library.
Visitors wishing to access the archives and special collections during this time are unaffected by these restrictions. See how to access our archives and special collections.
Join the Library
UK university staff and PhD students should follow these steps. Ensure you complete step 1 (registering with SCONUL) before proceeding to step 2 (registering with us):
1. Register for SCONUL Access.
2. Complete our application form.
3. Wait for an email to confirm whether your application has been successful.It will take up to 5 working days for your application to be processed.
University of London staff and PhD students
University of London staff and PhD students are eligible for reference access under the University of London Libraries Access Agreement.
1. Check if you are from a University of London member.
2. Staff and PhD students may be able to borrow material. Register with SCONUL Access if you think you are eligible and you want to borrow.
3. Complete our application form.
4. Wait for an email to confirm whether your application has been successful. It will take up to 5 working days for your application to be processed.
Visitors to the archives and special collections
If you want to use LSE Library archives and special collections then you should:
1. Complete our application form (make sure you tell us what you want to use so we can book your appointment)
2. Wait for an email to confirm whether your application has been successful.
It will take up to 5 working days for your application to be processed.
Application process for LSE members
LSE alumni can continue to use the Library.
Find out how to apply for an alumni card.
New LSE students
Your LSE card is your Library and School ID card.
New students (including intercollegiate students) receive their cards from the Student Services Centre after they have registered with the School.
Join the Library
By completing an application you agree to be bound by the Library rules.