We are available 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday to support your studies and research while the LSE campus is closed.
Books you have on loan
If you have books issued to you, please keep these until we reopen. All loan periods will be extended.
Additional new and improved resources
We have been able to secure additional resources to help you with your online learning, research and teaching.
- Box of Broadcasts (BoB) - a streaming service for TV and radio. Previously only available in the UK, now also available in the EU.
- Ebook Central - thousands of ebooks, now available to you with unlimited access.
- JSTOR - enhanced access to all JSTOR Archive and Primary Source collections covering all areas of social sciences and humanities.
- Cambridge University Press: Elements - peer-reviewed scientific research, edited by leading scholars covering key topics spanning the arts and sciences.
- Cambridge University Press: Companions - accessible introductions to major writers, artists, philosophers, topics, and periods.
- Cambridge University Press: Textbooks - access hundreds of social science and humanities textbooks.
- Arcadian Library Online - collections relating to the shared cultural heritage of Europe and the Middle East.
- British Online Archives - digitised primary sources supporting study and research of the territories colonised by Britain.
- Gale Primary Sources - additional access to Archives of Sexuality & Gender, China & the Modern World and Nineteenth Century Collections Online.
- Westlaw - access 300+ ebooks.
- Law Trove - access a wide range of legal textbooks from Oxford University Press.
- Coronavirus Research Database.
- Politics Trove - 35 books from Oxford University Press on politics and international relations.
- S&P Capital IQ - financial data, analytics, and research.
- Elsevier - Novel Coronavirus Information Center.
- Confidential Print: Middle East, 1839-1969.
- Foreign Office Files for China, 1919-1980.
- Foreign Office Files for Japan, 1919-1952.
- Foreign Office Files for Southeast Asia, 1963-1980.
- Elgaronline - 2000+ ebooks on a range of subjects including Business & Management, Economics & Finance, Law, Politics & Public Policy, Social Policy.
- Oxford Legal Research Library - (until the end of June). Books on international commercial law, financial and banking law, international commercial arbitration and private international law.
Online resources for LSE Alumni
Access a range of resources wherever you are in the world; including JSTOR, Project Muse, Sage Journals.
Find out about online resources for LSE Alumni.
Access material not held in LSE collections
If you can't access something that you need for your research then let us know and we'll do our best to help.
We aren't able to order print titles at the moment, but if what you want is available electronically then we should be able to get you access.
Doing primary research online? Read our advice and tips
As students and researchers are no longer able to conduct face-to-face data collection new guidance has been produced to provide advice and tips for doing online data collection. Please see our guides for:
Having trouble accessing secure data for your research project? Please get in touch
We are aware that in the current circumstances some researchers aren't able to access some of the secure datasets they need for their research (eg ONS data). The Library, Research and Innovation and Cyber Security are working together to identify the researchers affected and investigate potential solutions.
If you are facing issues for your research projects please get in touch via email@example.com in the first instance. We can then work with you and data providers to provide support.
*Page last updated: Friday 22 May*