LSE Library building is closed until further notice.
Don't hesitate to email us any enquiries you have and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.
You can also contact us on Twitter, Facebook or through Chat on Library Search.
Books you have on loan
If you have books issued to you, please keep these until we reopen. We have extended the loans period and your Library record will not be adversely affected by this.
Archives and special collections Reading Room
This is now closed until further notice. You can still access some of the collections online:
Accessing our teaching and research collections
Any enquires about accessing our collections, please contact Library Enquiries or your Librarian directly.
We have been able to secure additional resources to help you with your online learning, research and teaching.
Additional or enhanced resources for LSE students and staff
- Box of Broadcasts (BoB) - a streaming service for TV and radio. Previously only available in the UK, now also available in the EU.
- eBook Central - thousands of ebooks, now available to you with unlimited access.
- JSTOR - enhanced access to all JSTOR Archive and Primary Source collections covering all areas of social sciences and humanities.
- Cambridge University Press: Elements - peer-reviewed scientific research, edited by leading scholars covering key topics spanning the arts and sciences.
- Cambridge University Press: Companions - accessible introductions to major writers, artists, philosophers, topics, and periods.
- Cambridge University Press: Textbooks- access hundreds of social science and humanities textbooks.
- Arcadian Library Online - collections relating to the shared cultural heritage of Europe and the Middle East.
- British Online Archives - digitised primary sources supporting study and research of the territories colonised by Britain.
- Gale Primary Sources - additional access to Archives of Sexuality & Gender, China & the Modern World and Nineteenth Century Collections Online.
Available to all
- Annual Reviews- all journals from this publisher are currently open to all. Subject areas include Biomedical/life sciences, physical sciences, social sciences and economics.
COVID-19 research available to all
Online resources for LSE Alumni
Access a range of resources where ever you are in the world; including JSTOR, Project Muse and Sage Journals. Find out about online resources for LSE Alumni.
Accessing ebooks, ebook chapters and ejournal articles not held by LSE
If you can't access something that you need for your research then let us know and we'll do our best to help.
We aren't able to order in print titles at the moment, but if what you want is available electronically then we should be able to provide access to you.
Joining LSE Library
We are not currently accepting any applications to join the Library.
*Page last updated: Monday 30 March*