Join the Library (non-LSE people)
SCONUL students and staff
UK university students should follow these steps. Ensure you complete step 1 (registering with SCONUL) before proceeding to step 2 (registering with us):
1. Register for SCONUL Access.
2. Complete our application form.
3. Wait for an email to confirm whether your application has been successful.It will take up to 5 working days for your application to be processed.
University of London students and staff
University of London staff and students are eligible for reference access under the University of London Libraries Access Agreement.
1. Check if you are from a University of London member.
2. Staff, PhD and part-time students may be able to borrow material. Register with SCONUL Access if you think you are eligible and you want to borrow.
3. Complete our application form.
4. Wait for an email to confirm whether your application has been successful. It will take up to 5 working days for your application to be processed.
If you want to use LSE Library collections then you should:
1. Complete our application form.
2. Wait for an email to confirm whether your application has been successful.
3. Want to access archives and special collections? Tell us what you want to use and when you want to visit so we can book your appointment.
It will take up to 5 working days for your application to be processed.
Application process for LSE members
LSE alumni can continue to use the Library.
Find out how to apply for an alumni card.
New LSE students
Your LSE card is your Library and School ID card.
New students (including intercollegiate students) receive their cards from the Student Services Centre after they have registered with the School.
Join the Library
By completing an application you agree to be bound by the Library rules.