Home > Language Centre > English Programmes > EAP Foundation Programme > Frequently Asked Questions for EAP Foundation Course Students

Frequently Asked Questions for EAP Foundation Course Students

The information on these pages is for your reference throughout your time at the LSE Language Centre. You will already have received a lot of information from us already. The key information here is on permanent display. Contact your tutor should you misplace your Student Handbook, they will be happy to provide you with another copy.

If you feel you need further help please do not hesitate to contact us. In addition, if you haven't already please also refer to the two pages below which may still be of interest to you.

What should I do if I have a problem?

If you are not sure about anything (anything at all) during your time at LSE, please ask at the Language Centre Reception. If your questions cannot be answered you will receive advice on the person you should talk to or organisation you should contact. Remember, you also have a tutor to advise you about your studies.

We hope that you will be happy with your chosen course but if any circumstances arise with which you are not happy then we follow the LSE Service Complaints Procedure which provides a framework to help to resolve any issues. Where it is appropriate to do so, a complainant should, in the first instance, attempt to resolve his/her complaint through informal discussion with those directly involved in its subject matter. If it becomes clear that the informal stage is not going to be effective, then the formal stages outlined in the LSE Service Complaints Procedure should be instigated at the earliest opportunity.

What else should I be aware of?

Please also have a read through our procedure for non-attendance.

Can I have an appointment with the LSE Careers Service?

Yes you can. Whilst you will not be able to use their online booking system you can make one by calling them at 09:30 on the day you want an appointment. Contact details and full information on the services they provide are on the LSE Careers Service site.

What if I need advice on the Library or have a problem with my ID card?

In case of any problems with your LSE ID card, contact the Library Reception (ground floor). Make sure you state you are a Language Centre Student otherwise they may mistakenly refer you to the Student Services Centre. If you have any questions on borrowing rights, what other libraries you can use or other enquiries of this nature please contact the relevant Library section.

What if I have a problem with my IT account?

In case of any problems with your LSE IT account, please contact the IT Help desk.

What if I need to change my contact details?

If you need to change your contact details (permanent address or emergency contact details) you can do so using LSE for YOU. Follow the link and logon using your LSE username and password. Of course, if you prefer, you can also inform the Language Centre Reception of any changes.

Where can I find out about the Social and Cultural Programme?

Details will be on the Centre notice board and handed out to you. You can also print off, or refer to, this copy of the current Social and Cultural programme.

Can I get copies of my Certificate(s)?

Yes you can. Any time you need a copy please follow this link to Request a Reprint and pay the fee.