Home > Staff and students > Students > Research students > Research Degrees Unit
How to contact us

RDU Service Statement|


Research Degrees Unit 
6th floor, Tower Two

You can contact us by telephone or email or come to our office on the sixth floor of Tower Two. The Office is usually open between 8.30am and 5pm daily, although occasionally we close at 4pm on Fridays. You can call into our office during our opening times, or arrange an individual appointment with a member of the team if you need to discuss a particular problem (see our Who's Who for information on the RDU team). 


Tel: 020 7955 7761/7153

Email: researchdegrees@lse.ac.uk|

Research Degrees Unit


The Research Degrees Unit is exclusively for research students. We deal with all administrative aspects of your research programme, such as registration, examination entries, interruptions and can offer advice on most aspects of your research programme.

You should visit the Student Services Centre (Old Building) if you have a query relating to your student visa (International Student Immigration Service) or LSE funding for your programme (Financial Support Office).

Welcome to the 2014-15 academic session

The Research Degrees Unit welcomes all new research students to the LSE and welcomes back all continuing research students for the new academic session. 

All continuing students with permission to progress to the next year of their programme have been re-registered for the 2014-15 session.  If you do not appear to have been registered, please get in touch with us for further information.

The publicised registration period for new research students (24 September to 1 October) has now come to an end.  If you were not able to register during this period, please come to the Unit as soon as possible to register, remembering to bring your offer letter and passport/identity card with you.  If you missed the Dean’s Welcome Talk for research students (held on 1 October) you will find a copy of it posted here|

If you have any further questions relating to your registration status, or your research programme please do not hesitate to contact us.