I have been told I can't re-register

What you can do

If, as part of the progress review, a decision is made not to allow re-registration, the department or institute must inform the student in writing of its decision and the reasons for that decision.

Within three months of the decision not to allow registration a student may appeal against the decision to the Graduate School. The student should prepare a written statement of the grounds for the appeal. This statement should indicate what action the student is requesting the Graduate School to take. In the first instance, this statement should be submitted to the Dean of the Graduate School, who will determine whether there is a prima facie case.

If the Dean determines that there is no prima facie case, the student will be notified by the Dean in writing.

Regulatory document