Home > Staff and students > Students > Information for current hall residents
How to contact us

To call directly to a room, use the automated switchboard:

Tel: +44 (0)20 7107 5102 + extension

For more information, visit: Student halls telecoms|


Residential Services Office
3.02 Saw Swee Hock Student Centre
Houghton Street
London WC2A 2AE

Tel: +44 (0)20 7955 7531
Email: accommodation@lse.ac.uk| 

Opening hours:

Monday to Friday 
10:00 am - 4:30 pm 


Hallpad will be unavailable on
Sunday 3 August
from 12am (midnight) to 8pm. 

During this time,
the LSE network
will be undergoing
essential maintenance



Residential Services
London School of Economics and Political Science
Houghton Street

Telephone:  +44 (0)20 7955 6990
Fax: +44 (0)20 7242 1658
Email: Residences.Admin@lse.ac.uk|

Please see Who's who| for further contact details.



Information for current residents

News and updates

Upcoming phone maintenance in halls during July
Between 9am and 10pm on the days noted below, there will be no telephone service in the halls listed; you will not be able to make or receive calls to any central areas of the residence during this time.

The dates and affected residences are as follows:
Friday 4 July – Butler's Wharf
Friday 11 July – Northumberland House and Passfield Hall
Friday 18 July – High Holborn Residence and Grosvenor House
Wednesday 23 July – Carr-Saunders Hall and Rosebery Hall

Telephone services in other locations will not be affected by this work, however it may not be possible to contact staff or students via their telephone extension in the affected areas on the above dates. For more information, see: IMT News - telephony upgrade|

Get connected

   Promo_pay_onlineActivate your internet Your room is equipped with a LAN network socket, that allows you to connect straight to the LSE network and the internet. To activate the connection, visit: Halls internet activation|

Wi-Fi in your room
We've installed Wi-Fi in all LSE managed halls. To see how it works, download Get online with StudentCom| [PDF]

Your hall's who's who shows you who is on your student committee, warden- or administration team. Select your residence from the menu on the left.

Important emails and updates are sent out via your hall's mailing list. You're added automatically at the start of the year, but if you're not on the list, please subscribe via: Mailing lists and RSS feeds|

Fire safety and personal security

Safety tips and hints are collated at: Campus safety tips|.
For fire safety advice watch our halls fire safety video|.

Payments and administration 

Promo_financeSupport2Your fee and payment deadlines are stated in your licence agreement.
For everything else you need to know about making payment, visit:  How to pay your accommodation fees|

Content insurance  with Endsleigh is included in your room fee. For details, download your Student room insurance policy document| [PDF]. To view, check or extend your cover online, visit: Endsleigh|. If you live at Lilian Knowles, Anson Road, urbanest King's Cross or University of London halls, please contact your hall team for insurance information.

Early exit and swaps are possible, but you need to let us know as soon as possible, and before you move or swap. For the online early exit form and more information on leaving or swapping rooms visit: Leaving your room early|

Maintenance and repairs 

Promo_service_requestBuilding works may be scheduled from time to time. For an up to date list, visit: Refurbishment and other planned maintenance works|

Make a maintenance request 
Broken desk lamp or dripping kitchen tap? Let us know and we'll send our maintenance team to fix it. They work Monday to Friday during office hours. To report that something isn't working, select your hall from the list below. In emergencies, contact reception directly.

Select your hall from the list

Bankside House|

High Holborn |

Rosebery Hall|

Butlers Wharf| 

Lilian Knowles
(contact reception)

Sidney Webb House
(contact reception)

Carr-Saunders Hall|

Northumberland House|

 Anson Road| [external page]

Grosvenor House|

Passfield Hall|


Feedback and complaints

    Red pen on formWe'd like to hear from you For general feedback and to make suggestions, visit: Comments and suggestions|

Complaints We want to provide an efficient, effective and friendly service, but recognise that occasionally things can go wrong. For advice on how to make a complaint, visit: A promise to you - our service charter|.