Home > Staff and students > Students > Visas and immigration > Visa information for current students


Immigration Advice for current students

This section of the website contains information for students who are already registered at LSE.


News and updates|

Changes to immigration procedures after arrival

Increase in visa application fees from April 2015

Priority visa applications in China

Garrick window

Applying for a Tier 4 (General) Student Visa|

LSE specific information on how to apply for a Tier 4 (General) visa and guides to the application forms for current student.

School child

Rules for your dependants in the UK| 

How to bring your family to the UK, how to extend inside the UK, what to do if you have a baby

female student in NAB lecture

Tier 4 Student Responsibilities|

Protect your Tier 4 status in the UK and know when you need to inform the LSE of any changes.

Tier 4 visa

Entry Clearance Correction Scheme|

How to get an error on your visa corrected.


Registering with the police|

Information on registering with the Police in London

London sky at dusk

Working during your studies|

Guidance on the rules on working with student immigration permission

chair in classroom

Re-taking Exams|

Important advice for students who have resit exams

City of London sky

Travel during and after your studies|

Re-entry to the UK after travel, travel after the end of your course and information about the Schengen visa

Student laughing

Inviting friends and family to your graduation ceremony|

Request a visa letter for your visitors from Registry

penguin sculpture

Passports and Visas - lost, stolen or getting a new one?|

What to do if you are overseas or in the UK

Students sitting behind window

Double Degree Students|

Advice for students coming to London from Sciences Po, Columbia or PKU.

Graduating student with family

Working after your studies|

Outline of Tier 2 (General), Doctorate Extension Scheme, Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur and other work schemes

ISIS image

A-Z index|

Can't find what you're looking for? Use our A-Z index to help locate the information you need.

e-mail student

ISIS web query form|

Please read our pages before you contact us. We update our pages regularly based on the questions that students ask us. However, if you can't find the answer to your question, please e-mail us using the web query form.


Quick links