International Student Immigration Service (ISIS)

Changes to the immigration rules on the 20 October 2014

17 October 2014

On Monday 20 October 2014, the right of appeal will be removed for Tier 4 applications made in the UK that are refused.  This will only affect applications made on or after the 20 October 2014.

The appeals process will be replaced by an administrative review procedure.  An administrative review is when the Home Office review the decision making process made by the caseworker when considering the application.  It will no longer be a legal process handled by the Immigration Tribunal.

As yet, there are no indications of how long an administrative review will take, but as a guideline entry clearance administrative reviews are currently advertised as being processed within 28 days.

If your visa application is refused please keep all of the documents you have been sent by the Home Office and the envelope they were delivered in as proof of receipt. Contact ISIS immediately for advice.

Interviews as part of the Tier 4 application process in the UK

11 September 2014

As part of the Tier 4 application process in the UK, you may now be requested to take part in an interview.  We understand that there may be delays in receiving the invites from the Home Office.  If you are requested to attend an interview and you are unable to reply in time, please let ISIS know immediately.

Relocation of the Overseas Visitors' Records Office (OVRO)

From the 1 September 2014, the OVRO will be relocating to Southwark Police Station, 323 Borough High Street, London, SE1 1JL. 

Visa processing times

The visa processing times service is currently unavailable on the website.  We are not aware when these pages will be available again.  Please continue to check the following link to find out the processing times in your country:

Visa processing times|

Changes to the living costs amount

8 July 2014

The amount of money required each month increased for applications made on or after the 1 July 2014 to £1020 per month up to a maximum of nine months.

The current Tier 4 Policy Guidance for applicants does not reflect this change. ISIS strongly recommends that you use £1020 per month for living costs.