7.1 Introduction

For students, it is important to know that their academic adviser (AA)  is their first line of contact, their main source of academic advice and the person who must formally record issues that may affect their academic performance. AAs often seek advice from departmental tutors, who in turn can seek advice from the Student Services Centre and other professional support services within and beyond the School. However, concerning specialist personal matters students can go directly to the various forms of support, advice and information from professionally qualified staff working in the student support services at the School. AAs are also welcome to seek advice from these services as considered appropriate.