3.5 Withdrawals

If a student indicates that they are considering requesting to withdraw permanently from the School then they should normally be encouraged to apply for an interruption of studies instead. If the interruption is approved by the departmental tutor then it has the advantage of allowing the student time to consider their options and hopefully resolve the difficulties that have caused them to take a break. Details regarding formally withdrawing from the School, including the notification form, are online at Permanent Withdrawal from a Program|. Any student that suggests they may need to withdraw can also be referred to the SSC Advice and Reception Team and the Dean of Undergraduate Studies for additional support and guidance.