To check your eligibility for the scheme please refer to the Terms and Conditions below:
1. To access LFY, applicants will be employed in a support staff role, graded up to and including Salary Band 5 Contribution range (step 25.5), and have completed a minimum six months service.
2. Students, Graduate Teaching Assistants, Guest teachers, and LSE Fellows, are not eligible for the Scheme.
3. Those on internships will be eligible for the scheme after their probationary period has ended. Agency workers will also be eligible providing they have been employed by the school for a 12 month period.
4. We can only fund the learning cost itself and are unable to fund any travel, out-of-pocket expenses, courses abroad, exam fees and reading materials etc. The scheme does not solely fund exam fees only, however we can pick up the full cost of a course which includes an exam.
5. One-off learning events are included in the Scheme as long as a clear learning outcome can be shown.
6. Applicants may only apply for funding during the same year that their learning begins.
7. Learning activities priced over £200 can be funded as long as the outstanding balance is met by the applicant.
8. Applicants can not carry over money from the previous year, however you can choose to split the money over a one year period.
9. Payments via Bacs transfer and cheques can only be made directly to the learning provider itself and not paid to staff.
10. If you leave the LSE within six months of your funding application being approved, you will be required to pay back 100% of the amount approved by the Committee.
11. All applicants must complete a Learn for You Progress Report on the achievement of their learning goals within 10 months of completing any course/programme.
12. Learn for You is a discretionary scheme and the School reserves the right to amend the scheme at any time and cite your name as a beneficiary for marketing/publicity purposes.