1. To access LFY, applicants will be employed in a support staff role, graded up to and including Salary Band 5 Contribution range (step 25.5), and have completed a minimum three months service.
2. Students, Graduate Teaching Assistants, Guest teachers, hourly paid staff, LSE Fellows, Agency workers and those in Internship roles are not eligible for the Scheme
3. We can only fund the learning cost itself and are unable to fund any travel, out-of-pocket expenses, courses abroad, exam fees and reading materials etc.
4. One-off learning events are included in the Scheme as long as a clear learning outcome can be shown, however the scheme does not fund conferences.
5. Applicants may only apply for funding during the same year that their learning begins.
6. Learning activities priced over £200 can be funded as long as the outstanding balance is met by the applicant.
7. From January 2012 funding will not be available for gym memberships and driving lessons.
8. If you leave the LSE within six months of your funding application being approved, you will be required to pay back 100% of the amount approved by the Committee.
9. All applicants must complete a Learn for You Progress Report on the achievement of their learning goals within 3 months of completing any course/programme.
10. Learn for You is a discretionary scheme and the School reserves the right to amend the scheme at any time and cite your name as a beneficiary for marketing/publicity purposes.