Home > Staff and students > Staff > Human Resources > Joining LSE > New arrivals > Information for international recruits
How to contact us

HR Division
Lionel Robbins Building (5th Floor)
10 Portugal Street
London WC2A 2HD

Office hours:
Monday: 9.30 - 5.30
Tuesday: 9.30 - 5.30
Wednesday: 9.30 - 5.30
Thursday: 9.30 - 5.30
Friday: 9.30 - 5.30 

HR who's who

Email: humanresources@lse.ac.uk

Tel: +44 (0)20 7955 6659
Fax: +44 (0)20 7242 3967



New to the UK

Moving to the UK can be exciting and overwhelming, and we want to help all staff to make the transition as smoothly as possible

For general information about moving to the UK please see the International Staff website. Specifically written for staff moving to work in UK universities, this site provides guidance and information – from finding accommodation and paying council tax and utility bills, to setting up a bank account, applying for a national insurance number and registering with a doctor. You will also find information on our transport system, driving in the UK and how to make the most of the cultural events and activities on offer.

Assistance for international staff

Help from HR

Bank Accounts:
New staff members arriving into the U.K will need a UK bank account to receive their pay.  LSE has an agreement with Natwest Bank, conveniently situated on campus, to open accounts for those members of staff who wish to open a new UK bank account. The HR Services team will provide details of how to do this and can help you prepare the papers for this prior to your first day of employment. Please contact Humanresources@lse.ac.uk for further details.

National Insurance:
Staff members who are new to the UK will also need to apply for a National Insurance Number; we will tell you how to do this on your first day. Further information about the UK National Insurance system can be found on the Internationalstaff.ac.uk website.

Please contact the Human Resources team for further information about visas.

Help from Residential Services

LSE Residential Services offer a range of accommodation to staff and students of the School; please see their web pages for further information.

Help with medical care

NHS Doctor:
To register with a GP or contact a doctor, please see the NHS GP website

Please also see the On Your First Day page for new members of staff.




Staff Consultative Council