Many departments have shared mailboxes. This means that folders such as the Inbox, Calendar, Contacts and Tasks may be accessible to some or all the members of your department. Once access permissions have been allocated to the mailbox, you are then able to add the mailbox to your own Navigation Pane so that you have quick easy access to it. For more information on setting access permissions, see Granting Delegate Access to your Email
Adding additional mailboxes
To add an additional mailbox:
1. Click File tab | Info | Account Settings | Account Settings... The Account Settings dialog box will pop up
2. Select your default account and click Change... The Change Account dialog box will appear
3. Click on More Settings...
4. Select the Advanced tab and then click on Add
5. Enter the name of the additional mailbox into the Add mailbox field and click on OK. The additional mailbox has now been added
6. Enter the name of the additional mailbox into the Add mailbox field and click on OK. The additional mailbox has now been added.
7. Click on OK.
8. Click on Next.
9. Click on Finish. The additional mailbox has now been added to the Navigation Pane.