Many departments have shared mailboxes. This means that folders such as the Inbox, Calendar, Contacts and Tasks may be accessible to some or all the members of your department. Once access permissions have been allocated to the mailbox, you are then able to add the mailbox to your own Navigation Pane so that you have quick easy access to it. For more information on setting access permissions, see Granting Delegate Access to your Email
Adding additional mailboxes
To add an additional mailbox:
1. Click File tab | Info | Account Settings | Account Settings... The Account Settings dialog box will pop up
2. Select your default account and click Change... The Change Account dialog box will appear
3. Click on More Settings...
4. Select the Advanced tab and then click on Add
5. Enter the name of the additional mailbox into the Add mailbox field and click on OK. The additional mailbox has now been added
6. Enter the name of the additional mailbox into the Add mailbox field and click on OK. The additional mailbox has now been added.
7. Click on OK.
8. Click on Next.
9. Click on Finish. The additional mailbox has now been added to the Navigation Pane.
Viewing different mailboxes from Outlook Web Access (taught students)
You are able to view your shared mailboxes from Outlook Web Access. Log in at http://exchange.lse.ac.uk using your LSE username and password. For more information on Outlook Web Access, please refer to Web Access To LSE Email (Taught Students).
To view a different mailbox in Web Access:
1. From the Outlook Mailbox Viewer, click in the Address Bar.
2. Enter the name of the shared mailbox you wish to view into the Address Bar, after https://exchange.lse.ac.uk/exchange/ and press the Enter key.
3. The Outlook Mailbox View will now display the shared mailbox.
4. When you have finished working with the shared mailbox, click on the Log Off button.
Viewing different mailboxes from Outlook Web Access (staff and PGRs)
Staff and Postgraduate research students have been upgraded to the new Exchange 2010 email server. There are some differences in how to view other mailboxes in Outlook Web App.
Log in at http://exchange.lse.ac.uk using your LSE username and password. For more information on Outlook Web Access, please see Web Access to LSE Email (Staff and PGRs)
It is possible to view other mailboxes via Outlook Web App, but you can only have one mailbox open at a time. You will not see two mailboxes in the navigaton pane.
At the top right-hand side of the Outlook Web App screen, click on the down arrow next to your name. The Open Other Mail Box dialog box will open
Enter the name of the other mailbox you wish to view. Note: you will need to have permission to add this mailbox set by the person or team who owns it.
If more than one match for the name is found, a list of these will be displayed.
Click on the mail box name you wish to view and then click on Open. Your mailbox will disppear from view and the new mailbox will appear in the navigation pane.
To revert to your own mailbox, follow the same steps but enter your own name in the dialog box. Click Open and your mailbox will be appear again.