When items, such as messages, are deleted from the Deleted Items folder in Outlook 2010, they are usually stored on the server for 28 days and can still be recovered by users during that period. You can also move items from your Deleted Items folder to another folder in Outlook.
Recovering items deleted from the Deleted Items folder
To recover items from the Deleted Items folder:
1. In the Outlook Navigation pane, click on Inbox to select it
2. On the Ribbon, click on Folder | Recover Deleted Items. The Recover Deleted Items window will pop up
Note: Items are listed in order of the date and time they were deleted, starting with the oldest. To make it easier to find the item(s) you want to recover, you can change the sort order by clicking on the name of the heading you want to sort by. For example, to sort by the item's sender, click on the From heading to sort the list in A-Z order. Click the same heading a second time to sort the list in reverse order by that heading
4. Click on the item you wish to retrieve.
Note: You can retrieve more than one item. To select:
click on the first item, hold down the SHIFT key and click on the last item.
click on the first item, hold down the CTRL key and click on additional items.
click on the Select All button
5. Click on the Recover Selected Items button.
Note: Recovered items are placed in the Deleted Items folder.
Moving Messages from Deleted Items
If you intend to keep your newly recovered item(s), you will need to move them from the Deleted Items folder back into the Inbox or other appropriate folder.
To move items from the Deleted Items folder:
1. In the Outlook Navigation pane, click on Deleted Items to display the folder's contents
2. Select the item(s) you want to move
3. Right click on a selected item, click Move and select a folder for your selected item(s) to be moved to
4. If the folder you wish to move the item to is not displayed, click on Other Folder... The Move Items dialog box will appear
5. Click on the folder you wish to move the item(s) to. Then click on the OK button