Many departments have shared mailboxes. This means that folders such as the Inbox, Calendar, Contacts and Tasks may be accessible to some or all the members of your department. Once access permissions have been allocated to the mailbox, you are then able to add the mailbox to your own Navigation Pane so that you have quick easy access to it. For more information on setting access permissions, see Granting Delegate Access to your Email
Adding Additional Mailboxes
To add an additional mailbox:
1. Click Tools | Email Accounts.
2. Select View or change existing e-mail accounts and click on Next.
3. Ensure that Microsoft Exchange Server is selected and click on Change.
4. Click on More Settings.
5. Select the Advanced tab and then click on Add.
6. Enter the name of the additional mailbox into the Add mailbox field and click on OK. The additional mailbox has now been added.
7. Click on OK.
8. Click on Next.
9. Click on Finish. The additional mailbox has now been added to the Navigation Pane.
10. To ensure that the additional mailbox remains in your Navigation Pane, check that you have the file c:\exchprof.loc installed on your PC.
Viewing Different Mailboxes From Outlook Web Access
You are able to view your shared mailboxes from Outlook Web Access. For information on how to log into Outlook Web Access, please refer to Web Access To LSE Email.
To view a different mailbox:
1. From the Outlook Mailbox Viewer, click in the Address Bar.
2. Enter the name of the shared mailbox you wish to view into the Address Bar, after https://exchange.lse.ac.uk/exchange/ and press the Enter key.
3. The Outlook Mailbox View will now display the shared mailbox.
4. When you have finished working with the shared mailbox, click on the Log Off button.