H:Space is your personal LSE network storage drive. This is accessible from any LSE Windows or Mac computer inside or outside the LSE network.
If you are accessing H:Space from home or outside the LSE Network you will need to connect to the LSE Virtual Private Network (VPN) using the Pulse Secure client. You can download and install a customised copy of Pulse Secure with the LSE settings pre-configured following the instructions below:
How to install Pulse Secure and connect to the LSE VPN
You can select one of three available installation options: (1) automatic install (for Macs with LSE Self Service installed), (2) a LSE customised installer or (3) the Pulse standard installer that requires manual configuration.
1. Automatic Install using LSE Self Service: If you are using a LSE Mac that has the LSE Self Service application installed you can click on this link to install automatically. You will not be asked for an administrator password and the software will be installed and configured automatically.
2. LSE Customised installer: If you are using your personal Mac you can download and install the customised installer from here. You must have local administrator rights on your Mac.
i. Open the downloaded file named: PulseSecure5.1(CustomForLSE).pkg from your Downloads Folder. Follow the Installer.app instructions and enter your admin credentials when prompted. The install path is: Macintosh HD/Applications/Junos Pulse.app
ii. Upon installation the software will launch automatically and the Pulse Secure icon will appear in the Menu Bar.
iii. Click on the Pulse Secure icon from the Menu Bar and select LSE VPN > Connect. You will be asked for your LSE username and password.
iv. To terminate the session, select: LSE VPN > Disconnect
3. Pulse Secure standard installer: This installer needs to be configured manually and you must have local administrator rights on your Mac. You can download the installer from this link.
i. Open the downloaded file named: JunosPulse.dmg from your Downloads Folder. A virtual disk containing the installer will mount on your Desktop.
ii. Open the mounted disk and double-click on the package called JunosPulse.pkg to launch the installer.
iii. Follow the Installer.app instructions and enter your admin credentials when prompted. The install path is: Macintosh HD/Applications/Junos Pulse.app
iv. Upon installation the software will launch automatically and the Pulse Secure icon will appear in the Menu Bar.
v. Click on the Pulse Secure icon from the Menu Bar and select Open Pulse Secure. This will launch the application and open the connections window.
vi. Click on the + icon in the lower left corner to add a new VPN connection.
a. In the Name field type: LSE VPN
b. In the Server URL field type: remote.lse.ac.uk/pulse
c. Click on the Add button to add this connection.
vii. Click Connect. You will be asked to authenticate with your LSE username and password.
viii. To disconnect from the VPN session, click on the Junos Pulse Menu Bar icon, select LSE VPN and click Disconnect.
How to connect to H:Space from Mac OS X (tested with OS X 10.6 or newer)
1. From the Finder Menu Bar select: Go > Connect to Server
2. In the Server Address text box enter the following path: smb://staff.lse.ac.uk/yourLSEusername or smb://students.lse.ac.uk/yourLSEusername (replace “yourLSEusername” with your LSE staff username). You can click on the + icon next to the Server Address field to bookmark the path.
3. Click on “Connect”. You may be asked to authenticate using your LSE username and password. You can put a tick in “Remember this password in my Keychain” to avoid having to authenticate again in future.
4. Once connected, you will see a disk mounted on the Desktop named after your LSE username. This is your H:Space drive.
5. To disconnect, drag the H:Space drive icon to the trash can, which will change to an eject icon and the drive will dismount after a few seconds.
Reviewed Jan 2016