As part of the 2011 refurbishment of the Old Building main entrance, a cloakroom has been created which can be booked via the conference office for events taking place in the Old Building.
In order to use the cloakroom a minimum of 1 steward has to be booked through the conference office to work in the cloakroom for the duration of the booking. Stewards must be booked at least 2 weeks in advance, the cloakroom cannot be booked at short notice.
To book the venue please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the date and time of your booking of the cloakroom. To book stewards please fill in the Steward Request Form.
• There are at present 76 hangers on 3 rails in the room, there is space for roughly the same amount of bags
• The capacity for coats can be slightly increased but it would be up to the department to provide their own hangers for the rails
• The system works by a numbered ticket being placed on each hanger or bag and the corresponding number given to the person leaving their belongings
• Belongings not picked up by the end of the booking will be handed to LSE security at the property lost and found office. The stewards working at the event are not responsible for the safe keeping of belongings that have been left behind in the cloakroom
• Stewards will be charged to the department booking the cloakroom, please see the Steward Request Form for further information
• 1 steward is the minimum for booking the cloakroom but please book another steward if you anticipate a busy event
• The steward will provide the necessary equipment to operate the cloakroom; key for the room, tickets for the hangers and sellotape
• The steward is responsible for the room being left in its standard set up at the end of the booking
Conditions of use
The conditions of use of this room are as follows:
• No food or drink (other than bottled water) should be taken into the room.
• No furniture from the room can be removed from the room
• No extra furniture should be brought into the room.
• The room should be left in its standard set up.
• The room should be locked when use of the room has ended.
Please note that if anything which does not belong in the room is left there, the cleaners are under instruction to remove it and treat it as rubbish. The School takes no responsibility for any items which are disposed of.
If any furniture is found missing the user of the room will be charged for the replacement of that furniture. If any extra cleaning is required, this cost will be passed to the user.