Designed for professionals, these courses allow you to achieve one or more of the following:
- Learn about basic health policy and economic principles
- Develop an understanding of the theoretical underpinnings of health systems and health economics
- Gain knowledge of management and administration within the context of health care and pharmaceuticals
- Acquire practical skills to undertake cost-effectiveness analysis, economic evaluation, and clinical trials research
Participants will be taught by leading UK and European academics in the areas of health economics, management, and policy. Teaching will consist of a combination of lectures and seminars. We assume no previous formal training in health economics or policy, but expect you to show aptitude in quantitative skills through previous coursework or employment. All teaching shall take place at the LSE campus.
Upon completing your chosen short course or courses, you will receive a certificate of attendance. There will be no assessments for participants taking these courses, and course teachers may change depending availability.
Please note that these courses do not provide credit towards certificate, diploma, or MSc degrees at the LSE. If you subsequently decide to pursue a degree programme at LSE, the course must be taken again on a for-credit basis after applying through Graduate Admissions.
Readings will be made available electronically prior to the start of the course.
The following courses are expected to run between 4-15 June 2018. Please find information below on how to apply.
For December 2018, applications will open in late summer of 2018. Courses we expect to offer include:
Admissions for the June 2018 short courses are now open. The application deadline is 5pm on Tuesday, 1 May 2018. To apply, please email the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Application form
- Reference letter from your employer
- Transcript from your most recent degree - a scan or photocopy will be sufficient. The transcript is to state what courses you took to receive your degree, the marks in each course, and the overall final degree classification. If your transcript is not in English, please provide a certified translation.
The fees for the 2017/18 Academic Year are as follows:
- £1,950 (exclusive of VAT) for 1 course
- £3,800 (exclusive of VAT) for 2 courses
The fee includes access to online reading materials but excludes accommodation and meals. A discount of 10% will be applied for payment received at least 8 weeks before the start of the course.
Please note that we require a minimum of ten students to run each course, and will offer a full refund if this minimum student number is not reached.
We can provide a refund if students cancel within one week of the start date. After this period, refund are considered only in extraordinary circumstances supported by evidence, and cancellation requests submitted 3 days before the course commencing.
Please note that non-EU nationals who do not currently hold a valid long-term UK visa will be required to enter the UK as Short-term Student in order to be permitted to attend any course. Please refer to the International Student Visa Advice Team's guidance on eligibility.
LSE will check all students' eligibility to study at the School prior to the course commencing. Where required, we can issue documentation to support your visa application.